The Club is looking for donations of youth and junior size sticks that can be used for our Learn-To-Play sessions. They can be dropped of during the following times:
Saturday March 4 & 11 at Sherwood Community Gym – 8:30am-10:30am
Tuesday March 7 at Palermo PS (gym) – 7pm-8:30pm
Thursday March 23 at Appleby College (dome) – 7pm-8pm
We have been experiencing intermittent issues with our member portal. If you are having difficulties, please try back again or reach out to the Program Director with your questions.
The Club will be hosting a series of coaching clinics for Community and Competition coaches. These courses are open to all house league and competitive coaches. Final details of locations and times will be available soon.
Sign up here for the courses you are interested in. If you are an active coach with the Club, your fees may be covered.
*Note: all coaches will need an NCCP # and will need to have completed the Making Headway course online. Visit www.coach.ca to get your # and to take the course.
Wednesday, March 22: Making Ethical Decisions: Community and Competition
Saturday, April 1: Teaching and Learning: Competition
Sunday, April 2: Planning a Practice: Competition
Saturday, April 8: Fundamentals of Movement: Community
Saturday, May 27: Field Hockey Specific: Competition
Sunday, May 28: Field Hockey Specific: Competition and Community
We know it can be tough to keep track of everything going on this time of year. It’s a challenge for us too! But we don’t want anyone to miss out on the important dates, so here they are:
1 – Registration prices go up!
3, 4, 5 – U18 Thrashers Tryouts (details)
7 – Last day for Tuesday indoor sessions
11 – Last day for Saturday morning indoor sessions
11-12 – U12 & U15 Thrashers @ FHO Indoor Tournament
23, 30 – U12 Thrashers Tryouts (details)
25, 26, 28 – U16/U14 Thrashers Tryouts (details)
25, 26 – Learn-To-Play sessions (more details below)
31 – Last day to register for outdoor programming
22 – Kick-off day for Youth and Junior house leagues
27 – First game for Senior house league
Volunteers will be holding two registration dates this Family Day weekend to help you pick the right program and answer any questions you have about the Club
Saturday February 18, 1-3pm at Appleby Ice Centre, Burlington (map)
Monday February 20, 10am-1pm at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex, Oakville (map)
Payments will be accepted by cheque or cash, or via email money transfer.
Registration for Spring/Summer Outdoor Recreation programs is open, and available through our Member Portal. New members: sign-up to create your profile and stay up-to-date on all our programming.
2017 HFHC Leagues
HFHC league fees cover the cost of Halton field rentals, umpires and uniforms. FHO/ FHC insurance fees are not included.
Youth – April 22 to mid-July
- U10 House League – $85 ($110 after March 1)
- Open to girls and boys born after January 1, 2007
- Practices and Games played on Saturdays, 8:30 – 9:30 am at Hayden SS
- U12 House League – $140 ($165 after March 1)
- Open to girls and boys born between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2006
- Tuesday evening games (field locations in Oakville and Milton TBA) and Saturday practice, 8:30 – 10:00 am at Norton
- U14 House League – Tuesdays (game) and Saturdays (practice) – $140 ($165 after March 1)
- Open to girls born between January 1, 2003 and December 31, 2004
- Tuesday evening games (field locations in Oakville and Milton TBA) and Saturday practice, 10:00 – 11:30 am at Norton
Junior – Mondays & Wednesdays – April 22 to mid-July
- House league for girls born between January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2002
- Field locations in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Georgetown
- $170 ($195 after March 1)
Senior – Thursday nights – April 27-mid-August
- Field locations in Oakville, Burlington and Milton
- Ladies 18+ yrs – $150 ($175 after March 1)
- Tryouts to be held in March. Check our competitive program page for details and to sign up.
- Note: if you plan to try out for one of our competitive teams, please do not register for house league until rosters have been selected. We will honour early bird pricing for those players not selected and wish to play house league.
All programs played on turf fields around Halton Region. Schedules and fields to be determined once registration closes.
Registration closes March 31st!
The new season kicks off April 22rd at Norton Community Park. Check back for details.
Registration with Field Hockey Ontario and Field Hockey Canada is mandatory for all members.
FHO/FHC Fee covers membership year September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017. This registration must be completed online at www.fieldhockeyontario.com before you attend your first Club program date.
We are currently accepting applications for coaches and volunteers for our Youth and Junior programs. Please register through the Member Portal and complete the volunteer application form. We will be offering Community and Competition level coaching courses in early spring.
Sponsorship for our leagues and teams is also available. Details can be found on our website
We can’t wait to see everyone out this Spring!