Before each session:
- Each player will complete the self-assessment/wellness check form before each training session. They will not be allowed to train if it is not completed.
- If a player or family member displays any symptoms, they MUST be tested immediately, isolate themselves, and notify the club for contact tracing purposes. If someone becomes ill, the whole group will have to isolate for two weeks.
- There will be NO restroom facilities available, neither at the field or in the community centre, so players must keep this in mind before leaving home.
- Parents/Guardians are allowed within the gates of the field and must remain in the designated spectator area at all times, while maintaining 2m social distance. They may also watch from outside the fencing.
- Players will NOT bring bags of equipment into the field of play.
- Players must arrive wearing appropriate clothing and shin pads, carrying only a mouth guard, stick and water bottle. There is absolutely NO sharing of equipment.
At the Field
- Players will arrive at the designated time for their group and leave promptly after their session has ended.
- Goalies will change into their kit outside of the gated area, before entering the field
- Safety Officers will greet the players and check that all self-assessments have been completed before allowing players to access the field.
- Players will sanitize their hands before entering the field with sanitizer provided. There will be sufficient hand sanitizer and/or wipes available onsite for use before entering the field. Wipes will be disposed of in a sealed garbage bag
- Players will not enter the gated area until they have been cleared by a safety officer
- The players will arrive and go directly to their designated area and will stay in that area for the duration of the session unless an emergency dictate otherwise.
- Players will maintain a social distance of 2-metre distance from each other and the coaches.
- Per session – field divided into halves, two groups of 10 players, one coach and one safety officer for each group.
- Players will always train with their bubble group of 10. For contact tracing purposes, changing groups is not allowed
- Balls and cones are to be handled ONLY by the coaches and will be sanitized after each session.
- The groups and field sections will be communicated beforehand.
- The high-level goal for the training over the coming weeks:
- Develop athlete individual basic skills.
- Progress with speed and intensity, and increase the challenge.
- Keep the players physically engaged, raise the level of individual performance and prepare them for future competition.
- Scrimmaging within training bubbles is permitted with minimal contact. Coaches and safety officers will be monitoring at all times.
- Arrive at field, sanitize hands before entering the field
- Place crates of balls and cones in designated sections of the field
- Coaches must maintain social distance from players and each other for the duration of the session
- Coaches or Safety Officers will take the balls after the sessions and place them in storage.
- If necessary, coaches may arrange a virtual session for feedback and follow-up.
Safety Officer Checklist
- Check that the coaches and each player that arrives at the field has completed the online health check
- Ensure that the players sanitize their hands before entering the field.
- Ensure that players go straight to their assigned area.
- Ensure that the players maintain social distance.
- Ensure that players leave promptly after training.
Emergencies and Discipline
- There will be an adult trained in first-aid at each session should such attention be necessary.
- Non-compliance with social distancing, arrival/departure procedures, and equipment rules will result in disqualification from participating in further training sessions.
- The club will purchase
- hand sanitizer
- disinfectant wipes
- first aid supplies (disposable ice packs)
- Marijn Boland – Competitive Program Director, will be responsible for communicating any changes, feedback or other information to the players/parents.